To download a presentation: Click on the name of the speaker whose presentation you wish to view. This will open a new window and then click the Download Presentation button. All presentations will be either a PDF or PPTX file. All PowerPoint files have been password protected, so click on the ‘Read Only’ option when opening.
To view a video: All video files are password protected. EATS 2018 attendees will receive an email with the password to view the videos, but if you did not receive the email please contact email@example.com. If you were not an EATS 2018 attendee and would like to purchase access to the video files, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Day 1 – Tuesday 6th November 2018
Session 1 – Opening Remarks & Keynote Addresses (Pilot and Cabin Crew joint session)
1) Georges Rebender, Head of Department Aircrew & Medical, EASA
2) Captain Yann Renier, Head of Training & Licensing, Flight Operations, IATA
3) Captain Andy O’Shea, Head of Training, Ryanair & Chairman, Aircrew Training Policy Group (ATPG)
Session 2 – Opening of the Cabin Session & Keynote Address
1) Opening of the cabin session and “speed introduction”
2) Daan Dousi, Aircrew and Medical Standards and Implementation Section Manager (acting), EASA – Flight Standard Directorate
3) Panel discussion regarding Cabin Crew Attestations and training to receive a CCA.
• Angela Gallorini & Gerda Pardatscher, EASA
• Noel Houlihan, Safety Training Officer, Aer Lingus
• Nataša Bešter, Compliance & Safety Manager, CAA Slovenia
Session 3 – Evolving Concepts in Virtual Reality Training
1) Nicolai Bondo Rasmussen, Head of Training Development, Thomas Cook Group Airlines
The Use of VR in Cabin Crew Safety Training
2) Roel van Leeuwen, Manager Crew Safety & Security Training, KLM
Virtual Reality – First Lessons Learned
3) Luca Chittaro, Director Human-Computer Interaction Lab, University of Udine
Virtual and Augmented Reality for Cabin Crew Training – Practical Applications
Session 4 – Training Café – Current & Future Challenges in Training
An interactive group session where delegates shared their expertise with others. Questions were answered by Cabin Safety professionals and group participants in a relaxed and open forum.
• Proving your Point – How a simple exercise can speak louder than the trainer and a thousand words – Anne Sølvsteen, CEO & Jesper Høyer Rasmussen, Training Director, NaviMinds
• Examination Techniques in Cabin Training – Robert Russell, Training Manager, BLUCREW / SKIES Airline Training
• Recurrent Ristretto Café – Ian Mitchell, Lead Cabin Crew Training Designer, Air Canada
Day 2 – Wednesday 7th November 2018
Session 5 – CRM/TEM/Human Factors
1) Philippe Bricaud, FlySmartly
Cabin Crew Briefing Based on TEM’s Principles
2) Captain Collette Evans, A320 Captain/Safety Instructor & CRMI & Patrick Friel, Cabin Service Manager, Aer Lingus
The Benefits of a Fully Integrated CRM Program
3) Gitte Furdal Damm, CRM & Human Factors Trainer, About Human Factors
Is Resilience a Valuable Skill?
Session 6 – Developing & Changing Training for Challenges in the Cabin
1) Eric Lipp, Executive Director/Founder & Craig Kennedy, Consultant & Course Trainer, Open Doors Organization
PRMs & People with Disabilities – Customer Service Behaviors Across European Borders
2) Robert Russell, Training Manager, BLUCREW / SKIES Airline Training
Diverse Aviation Workforces and Developing Positive Training Cultures
3) Ivan Noël, President, Inflight Innovations Inc.
Tracking Training Through Technology
Session 7 – Air Carrier Training Insights
1) Ian Mitchell, Lead Cabin Crew Training Designer, Air Canada
Keeping It Fresh – Re-inventing Annual Training Annually
2) Eva Roharikova, Head of Training, Cabin Crew Europe Ltd.
CCTO-CCE – Cabin Crew Attestation
3) Sherry Saehlenou, Principal, Avion Training LLC
Human Trafficking: Moving Beyond Awareness
Session 8 – Innovative Techniques (Pilot & Cabin Crew joint session)
1) Thomas Vaidhyan, CEO, Aten Inc.
Ai & ML Data Driven VR/AR for Training
2) Marco Van Sterkenburg, Co-Founder & CEO, Drillster
Is There a Better Way Than a Yearly Exam for Recurrent Checking?
3) Dr. Sunjoo Advani, President, International Development of Technology (IDT)
VR: Live Demo on the Future
Save the date for EATS 2019
29-30 October 2019 – Estrel Hotel, Berlin, Germany