To download a presentation: Click on the name of the speaker whose presentation you wish to view. This will open a new window and then click the ‘Download Presentation’ button. All presentations will be either a PDF or PPTX file. All PowerPoint files have been password protected, so click on the ‘Read Only’ option when opening.
To view a video: All video files are password protected. EATS 2018 attendees will receive an email with the password to view the videos, but if you did not receive the email please contact email@example.com. If you were not an EATS 2018 attendee and would like to purchase access to the video files, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Day 1 – Tuesday 6th November 2018
Session 1 – Opening Remarks & Keynote Addresses (pilot and cabin crew joint session)
1) Georges Rebender, Head of Department Aircrew & Medical, EASA
2) Captain Yann Renier, Head of Training & Licensing, Flight Operations, IATA
3) Captain Andy O’Shea, Head of Training, Ryanair & Chairman, Aircrew Training Policy Group (ATPG)
Session 2 – Efficient Training
1) Captain Torbjorn Wischer, Global Leader – Training Strategy, Civil Aviation, CAE
Augmented Training Solutions
2) Captain Phillip Adrian, CEO, MPS
How Henry Ford and Albert Einstein Contribute to Aviation Training
3) Dr. William Cox, CEO, Management & Excellence SA
Which Pilot Training Techniques Are Most Effective For You?
Session 3 – Regulatory Update
EASA’s Approach to Modernize the European Pilot Training System
Moderator: Georges Rebender, EASA
Panel 1: FSTD Training Table/Methodology
• Arnaud Lozahic
• Daan Dousi
• Gerda Pardatscher
• Gilad Scherpf
Panel 2: CBTA
• Gerda Pardatscher
• Daan Dousi
• Marcus Oswaldson
• Yann Renier
Session 4 – Getting the Right People
1) Karen Moore, Managing Director, Symbiotics
2) Rod Wren, CEO, Wings Alliance
Training for a Licence or a Career?
3) Dr. Andy Taylor & Adrian Hooker, Bucks New University
At What Cost Comes the Cost of Flight Training?
Day 2 – Wednesday 7th November 2018
Session 5 – Airline Issues
1) Dr. Jeffery Schroeder, Chief Scientist for Flight Simulation, Federal Aviation Administration
Early Lessons Learned from Implementing UPRT in the US
2) Captain Chris Ranganathan, Vice President Operations Training, Etihad Airways
Training Effective Flight Path Monitoring
3) Captain Olivier Wilmart, Pilot Learning and Development Manager, Air France
Implementation of New LIFUS Modular Method at Air France
Session 6 – Human Element
1) Captain Owen Sims, CRM Trainer, Flybe
Trainee Centered Training: Lessons from Person Centered Psychotherapy
2) Captain Waldo Cerdan Lopez
Resilience and Decision-making Training: The Way Ahead!
3) Captain Markus Held, Senior Manager, Wet Training & Business Development, Lufthansa Aviation Training
Cognitive Modeling: A Scientific Approach for Tailored Cockpit Type Rating Training
Session 7 – EBT Implementation
1) Captain Ignacio G. Alemany, EBT Project Manager, Iberia
2) Captain Mike Varney, CEO, EBT Solutions
Changing the Game
3) Captain Michel Lacombe, ATO Safety Manager, AF-KL Training Facilitation, Air France
Evidence Based Training within European Regulatory Framework
Session 8 – Innovative Techniques (pilot & cabin crew joint session)
1) Thomas Vaidhyan, CEO, Aten Inc.
Ai & ML Data Driven VR/AR for Training
2) Marco Van Sterkenburg, Co-Founder & CEO, Drillster
Is There a Better Way Than a Yearly Exam for Recurrent Checking?
3) Dr. Sunjoo Advani, President, International Development of Technology (IDT)
VR: Live Demo on the Future
Save the date for EATS 2019
29-30 October 2019 – Estrel Hotel, Berlin, Germany