To download a presentation: Click on the name of the speaker whose presentation you wish to view. This will open a new window and then click the ‘Download Presentation’ button. All presentations will be either a PDF or PPTX file. All PowerPoint files have been password protected, so click on the ‘Read Only’ option when opening.
To view a video: All video files are password protected. EATS 2019 attendees will receive an email with the password to view the videos, but if you did not receive the email please contact [email protected]. If you were not an EATS 2019 attendee and would like to purchase access to the video files, please email [email protected] for more details.
Moderator: Anna Mellberg, Novair
Day 1 – Tuesday 29th October 2019
Session 1 – Opening Remarks & Keynote Addresses (Pilot and Cabin Crew joint session)
1) Bernard Bourdon, Head of Aircrew & Medical Department, EASA
2) Captain Yann Lardet, Head of Flight Operations Support & Training Standards, Airbus
Session 2 – Opening of the Cabin Session
1) Opening of the cabin session and “speed introduction”
2) Belén Garcia Pozo, Ground Training Manager, Iberia
Digitalization in Training
3) Trevor Dale, Director, Atrainability Ltd.
Does Digital Really Hold the Key to Future Training Needs?
Session 3 – Evolving Concepts in Cabin Crew Training
1) Malgorzata Hunter, Head of Cabin Crew Training, LOT Polish Airlines
Self-control in Cabin Crew Performance – How to Train for Professionalism and Deliberate Calm in Emotionally Charged Situations
2) Eric Lipp, Executive Director/Founder & Craig Kennedy, Consultant & Course Trainer, Open Doors Organization
Disability and the Onboard Experience – Safety for PRMs & Their Mobility Equipment
3) Richard Kubelka, Security Manager & Chief Cabin Crew Instructor, Czech Aviation Training Centre
From 9/11 to the Hudson Ditching: Cabin Crew Training Perspective
Session 4 – Training Café – Current & Future Challenges in Training
This session began with a presentation of a survey regarding cabin crew training conducted by the RBGroup. Presented by Kassandra Stultiens-Zandstra.
Day 2 – Wednesday 30th October 2019
Session 5 – CRM/TEM/Human Factors
1) Lex Rock Heemstra
Crew Resource Management – Maybe Time for a Total Revamp
2) Anne Sølvsteen & Jesper Høyer Rasmussen, NaviMinds
Well Done! Aiming for Higher Levels of Learning
3) Søren Seindal Agner, Owner, Aeroteam
Learning Games – Gamification in the Classroom Environment
Session 6 – Developing & Changing Training for Challenges in the Cabin
1) Ivan Noël, President, Inflight Innovations Inc.
Pre-Qualification Training – 20 Years in the Making
2) Raghoonundun Gunputh, Product Manager Safety Training, Lufthansa Aviation Training
Enhancing Instructional Techniques Through Modern Simulation Technology
3) Professor Luca Chittaro, Director, Human-Computer Interaction Lab, University of Udine
Virtual Reality Systems for Cabin Crew Training: Studies on Competence Retention
Session 7 – Air Carrier Training Insights
1) Lene-Marie Nissen, Chief Cabin Crew Instructor & Thomas Faurby, Assistant Chief Cabin Crew Instructor, SAS
New Training Opportunities for SAS
2) Daniel Huerlimann, Head of Human Factors Training Switzerland & Pascale Siegenthaler, Project Leader RGC Swiss, Lufthansa Aviation Training Switzerland AG
Learning From Others!
3) Karen Moore, Managing Director, Symbiotics
Psychological Risk in Aviation: Selection, Training and On-The-Job Mental Health
Session 8 – Innovative Techniques (Pilot & Cabin Crew joint session)
1) Georges Rebender, Aviation Expert
A Vision of the Future Training: Human Centric Approach – New Cockpit Technologies
2) Philippe Campos, CEO Europe, Butterfly Training
Improving Online Aviation Training
3) Colin Rydon, Vice President Training, Standards & Development / Head of Training, L3Harris Commercial Aviation
Tracking Eye Movements for the Benefit of Pilot Training
Save the Date for EATS 2020
27-28 October 2020, Clarion Hotel & Congress Oslo Airport, Norway