To download a presentation: Click on the name of the speaker whose presentation you wish to view. This will open a new window and then click the ‘Download Presentation’ button. All presentations will be either a PDF or PPTX file. All PowerPoint files have been password protected, so click on the ‘Read Only’ option when opening.
To view a video: All video files are password protected. EATS 2019 attendees will have received an email with the password to view the videos, but if you did not receive the email please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you were not an EATS 2019 attendee and would like to purchase access to the video files, please email email@example.com for more details.
Day 1 – Tuesday 29th October 2019
Session 1 – Opening Remarks & Keynote Addresses (Pilot and Cabin Crew joint session)
1) Bernard Bourdon, Head of Aircrew & Medical Department, EASA
2) Captain Yann Lardet, Head of Flight Operations Support & Training Standards, Airbus
Session 2 – Looking at the Future
1) Captain Torbjorn Wischer, Global Leader Training Strategy, CAE
Developing Better Pilots, Faster
2) Captain Jean-Michel Bigarré, Head of Flight Training Worldwide, Airbus
The Invisible Impact
3) Richard Versluis, CEO & Kassandra Stultiens-Zandstra, Aviation Advisory Board, RB Group
Training Issues from the Field: Report of a Worldwide Study
Session 3 – Regulatory Update Panel
UPRT Implementation & Evolution of Training Devices
Moderator: Bernard Bourdon, Head of Aircrew & Medical, EASA
– Daan Dousi, Aircrew and Medical Standards and Implementation Section Manager, EASA
– Ascanio Russo, Flight Crew Licensing Expert, EASA
– Eric Fuilla-Weishaupt, Aircraft Simulation Solutions Group, Airbus
– Captain Philip Adrian, CEO, MPS
– Captain Hartmut Fabisch, Senior Consultant, IATA Montreal
– Sauli Kuortti, Head of Training, Finnish Aviation Academy
Session 4 – Airline Training Issues
1) Lex Rock Heemstra
Pilot Monitoring vs. Pilot Managing
2) Captain Philip Adrian, CEO, MPS
OSD: An Explanation on How Training Becomes Mandated Through the Airplane Certification Process
3) Dr. Sunjoo Advani, IDT
Trim Awareness – A Neglected Child?
Day 2 – Wednesday 30th October 2019
Session 5 – UPRT
1) Captain Owen Sims, Type Rating Examiner (TRE), Flybe
Managing Startle and Surprise Using Psychotherapy
2) Captain Mark Greenfield, CEO, Ultimate High
Will the New UPRT Requirements Have a Material Impact on Flight Safety?
3) David Gingras, Vice President, Bihrle Applied Research Inc.
Using Non-OEM Models for UPRT
Session 6 – Human Element
1) Captain Christof-J Kemény, Senior Training Advisor, Lufthansa CityLine
Evolution of Flight Procedures
2) Captain Amit Singh, Clear Blue Skies Consulting
3) Adam Beard, Managing Director, Download Learning Ltd.
Does Digital Really Hold the Key to Future Training Needs?
Session 7 – Ab Initio
1) Captain Tanja Harter, Executive Board Director for Technical Affairs, European Cockpit Association
Future Airline Pilot Training
2) Stein H. Mjaatveit, Director of Marketing, OSM Aviation Academy
Shaping the Future of Aviation by Doing Less
3) Dr. Andy Taylor, Loughborough University
Competency in Pilot Training: Are We Missing the Point?
Session 8 – Innovative Techniques (Pilot & Cabin Crew joint session)
1) Georges Rebender, Aviation Expert
A Vision of the Future Training: Human Centric Approach – New Cockpit Technologies
2) Philippe Campos, CEO Europe, Butterfly Training
Improving Online Aviation Training
3) Colin Rydon, Vice President Training, Standards & Development / Head of Training, L3Harris Commercial Aviation
Tracking Eye Movements for the Benefit of Pilot Training
Save the Date for EATS 2020
27-28 October 2020, Clarion Hotel & Congress Oslo Airport, Norway